Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Yoga with Laksmi

The Sweet Peas Class had a busy and fun-filled morning. At Morning Meeting we read Birthday Monsters by Sandra Boyton as Jamie's birthday is next week. So, we began to work on his birthday present. While Jamie worked on his self-portrait in the Daisies classroom, we asked his friends what they like to play with Jamie. Here is what they said:

"I play with Jamie in the sandbox." - Brandon
"Cars and puzzles." - Lili
"I'd like to give him my bunny. My pink bunny." - Scarlett
"In the sandbox." - Jacob
"I like to play with the car with Jamie." - Nico
"Draw circles."- Harry

We had Yoga with Lakshmi! She taught the children different poses and positions. The children had fun lying on their bellies and stretching, as well as jumping like frogs. During free play, we worked on our self-portraits and decorated Jamie's card with hand prints. Before lunch, we read The Flea's Sneeze by Lynn Downey.










No comments:

Post a Comment