Monday, December 2, 2013

Let's Make The Menorah!

We began our morning reading Going On A Bear Hunt by Michael Rosen and Helen Oxenbury to help the children ease into the morning back after Thanksgiving break. Jenny read the story and together the children shouted, "Oh no! We've got to got through it!" Then we sang Who's At Buckle My Shoe Today? and  Dreidel, Dreidel.  Harry was beaming with excitement when we finished singing and shared: 

"I love that song. It's my favorite song. I light the Menorah and then sing a different song. I love the Dreidel song. I want to sing the Dreidel song again?" 

And so we did, but this time each child had a turn spinning the dreidel on the table.

After snack we read, Eight Chanukah Lights by Annie Auerbach. Then we planned how to make our class Menorah using cardboard and eight toilet paper roll for each candle. We  also chose what colors we to paint it: sparkly blue and purple. After Music, the children spent a lot of time painting the Menorah while listening to Hanukkah songs as they worked. When they were all finished, we danced and sang to We Are The Dinosaurs by The Laurie Berkner Band and sang Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Shoe Fly, and Bumpin' Up Down In My Little "Blue" Wagon.
















No comments:

Post a Comment