Thursday, September 19, 2013

I Wonder What We Will Find Outside Today...

Max started off our morning showing us his NEW shoes and we read Pete the Cat I love My White Shoes by Eric Litwin. The children laughed as I sang what Pete the Cat sings in the book, "I love my white shoes, I love my red shoes ..." 

Then we went on our FIRST walk around the neighborhood today! As we headed toward 13th street and Greenwich, Brandon pointed up to the sky and said, "Airplane!" Then Max said, "Excavator." "Excavator!" Hudson, Scarlett, and Brandon repeated. "Hm...I wonder if we can find one I said?" We turned the corner and walked towards 7th Avenue. Sure enough we saw an excavator! Max pointed excitedly, "Excavator! It's turning! Moving very fast!" The children watched amazed and silent as the excavator moved.

When we returned back to school, we washed their hands and headed straight into Free Play. While Hudson was playing in the sandbox, I heard him say, "Garbage truck. Excavator." "Fire truck, wee woo wee woo," Max said as he played with Hudson in the sandbox. 

It was wonderful that we were able to bring in our neighborhood experience from outdoors into our classroom.

Max's New Shoes

 









No comments:

Post a Comment